The Ultimate Superfan Guide

Story By Preston Shultz.

While walking around the halls on a fall Friday in Mount Vernon, you may notice football players in their jerseys or dress clothes. You will also notice a herd of people wearing a blue shirt, glittery, with a last name and a number- the superfan shirts. It is a tradition for a football or volleyball player to find a superfan, but what does being a superfan mean?

A superfan has three main duties: 1) Cheer at the game, 2) Wear the official superfan shirt with your player’s name on the back, and 3) Bring a treat for your athlete on gameday.

Who doesn’t like having a nice snack on gameday? A superfan is in charge of not only being the biggest fan, but also bringing a nice little treat.

“ I like the cool shirts,” said senior superfan Olivia Garcia, “I like being able to support the team and I love to bake.”

Every athlete has their own favorite snack, here are a few

• Protein balls are a healthy way to add some flavor to your day.
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies are timeless classic. Although they are simple in design, the taste never fades away.
  • Brownies/Blondies: The brownie with it’s close cousin, the blondie, can be a nice chocolate sweet treat to liven your game day.
  • S’Mores Bars are mix of marshmallow, chocolate, and graham cracker, it creates one of the best sweet snacks around.
  • Carmelitas are the ultimate mix of sweet and salty, making the the perfect game day snack.

Football superfans dressed in superfan attire.

If you’re ever in the mood for a sweet snack or don’t know what to make you superfan, try a couple of these. Being a superfan is a great way to support the sports teams and have fun while doing it.