MAC ribbon cutting

A new era of Mustang success
    Alumni and Seniors representing football, marching band, and cheerleading take part in the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Martha Parsons and Family Activity Center.

The community recently got a new activity center for the football team to host games, for marching band practice and competitions, etc. The ribbon cutting, introducing the new stadium, was held thursday, Sept. 28th at 7 p.m, at a football game. Many people were chosen to take part in the cutting of the ribbon at the entrance Thursday night, such as senior band members, football players, cheerleaders, and alumni, to represent the community.

The Martha Parsons and Family Activities Complex (MAC) has been a dream come true for many mustangs, both young and old. This center has been a discussion since the 70s, and now, the Mustangs have a renowned sense of pride for their town. 

Parsons, A long time Mount Vernon resident, helped make this dream of a new complex come true, by helping to donate $2.7 million, the largest donation in the history of the Mount Vernon district, she played a big role in the center being built, the total cost being around $7 million. In honor of her extraordinary donation, the complex has been made in her and her families’ name. 

“There is no holes in the field which is so much better, the field symbolizes perfection because that’s what it is”. Junior Jack Simmons, 17, a trumpet player for the band, describes the new field and how it is a major improvement over playing and practicing at the old 1st street field.

Junior Dominic Kocher, 16, especially benefits from the new field because he is a football player. It’s “Harder to get injured on the field because it is smooth turf rather than clumps of dirt, I feel more stable”.