No Stranger to the Stage

By Ben McGuire

This fall the Mount Vernon Theatre Department will stage the production “Rabbit Hole” by David Lindsay-Abaire. ‘Rabbit Hole’ is a story of a couple whose four-year-old son dies after being hit by a car. Although the topic is somber, the show is a light-hearted drama depicting the couple grieving with the loss of their son.

The Theatre department was planning on staging the classic drama “Romeo & Juliet”, but due to cast restrictions were unable to. Some were disappointed with the cancellation while others were excited to try something new.

Leading male actor Luke Moran was excited about mixing things up. When asked if he was disappointed about “Romeo & Juliet” he said “Not really, I wasn’t extremely happy when we chose “Romeo and Juliet” in the first place because it’s done so much.”

Luke is quite familiar with the production “Rabbit Hole”: in fact he read the play last year and even decided to do a piece of it during Thes Fest 2015.

For Moran this isn’t his first rodeo. Luke has been a staple in the MVHS Theatre Department. He has been in the fall play his previous three years of high school.

He has also been in five of the MVHS musicals, and he plans to audition for the musical this upcoming spring. Plus he has been in all of the student directed Plays/Musicals and he’ll be auditioning for ‘Wait Until Dark’ this winter. As well as numerous community theatre productions throughout the years.