Mustangs to State-Great!-Sign up for pep bus by noon FRIDAY

FREE PREP BUS!!! Sign up by Friday to ride the pep bus to the game on Monday. Although the bus is free, you need to pay the $8 for your ticket at the time you sign up for the bus. Tickets will be passed out on the bus when it arrives in Des Moines.

FOR COMMUNITY MEMBERS: The Mount Vernon Community School District is coordinating a charter bus to the 2A 1st Round Boys’ State Basketball Tournament on Monday, March 5. The cost is $35 per rider and we MUST have at least 35 paid riders to cover the cost of the bus. This price WILL include your $8 ticket to the game, which you will be given upon arrival at Wells Fargo Arena. The bus holds 47 riders. There will be no school chaperones on this bus. Minor-aged riders need an adult chaperone. A pep bus is being offered for high school aged students.

We need to have all riders CONFIRMED AND PAID by Monday, March 5th at 10:00am. You may sign up at one of three places:The Skillet Café, Hills Bank & Trust Company,and the MVCSD Superintendent’s Office located at 525 Palisades Road SW (entrance on northeast side of building).

For more information, visit the high school website:
http://www.edline.net/pages/Mount_Vernon_High_School/MVHS_Office_Documents/Boys__State_Basketball_Informa

The Mustangs dominated Mediapolis Saturday, 60-37, in substate finals held in Mount Pleasant. Sixth-ranked Mount Vernon will play against ninth-ranked North Cedar in a quarterfinals on March 5,at 8:15 p.m. in Des Moines’ Wells Fargo Arena. Check out some of the photos taken by Hannah Wieditz and Punyisa Jangtrakul:

Video of Fourth Quarter:

The Crowd: