People and their pets ‘A bunny named Smore’

Lauren Kephart’s bunny

By Jillian McGuire
    Freshman Lauren Kephart has a pet, unlike most people’s pet. Her pet is a bunny named S’more whom she nicknamed Snuggle Bunny. Kephart and her two sisters, Mckenna and Halie, begged their parents for months almost every day starting three years ago January for a little bunny. “I remember every day when we got home from school, we would ask our parents if they had changed their minds.” Her parents finally gave into all of the constant begging, Lauren’s mom informed Lauren and her older sisters that if they could keep their good schoolwork up, and show more responsibility, they would be allowed a new bunny.

She got her bunny on a warm May day three years ago. “S’more was the perfect addition to the family, and not very hard to care for and clean up after. Hallie and I set up a calendar of who feeds and cleans up after S’more, and on which days of the week.” Since everyone took turns with, cleaning, and feeding him there was really no fighting over the bunny. When Kephart was asked if her bunny could do any tricks she said, “He can stand on his back legs for a banana.” S’mores favorite activities besides practicing tricks include running around the house, eating bananas, and sleeping.