The Robbers Steal Powderpuff Win

By Jennifer Deininger

(From A Non-Sporty Person’s Point of View)
This year’s powderpuff game ended in another upset as the Junior/Freshman team the “Robbers” overtook the Senior/Sophomore “Cops.” The game ended with a score of 2-0 as freshmen and juniors stormed the field to lift their players and celebrate the win. This in my opinion, was the funnest part as I actually understood what was happening.

The freshman/ junior Robbers Team. Photo by Jacob Feldman

The Robbers earned a safety as my teammate, junior Kate Elsbury, tackled a player in the end zone, and scored the only points of the game. The only way I can even attempt to understand what that means is they were so far back they just gave the other team points in compensation for not being to go back further. Maybe I’m wrong- but either way I sure celebrated a lot. I even gave Kate a chest bump. I was and still am honored.

From what I could observe on the field, senior Sam Walters did a spectacular job of absolutely ransacking people and their flags. Sophomores Maggie Davis and Faith Anton fled down the field at the speed of lightning but were unsuccessful in scoring. Audrey Lester would strike down people with confidence, and Kate saved my life on at least 20 occasions.

The sophomore/ senior Cops Team.
The sophomore/ senior Cops Team.

Meanwhile I simply grabbed people’s flags, shouted some pathetic attempts at trash-talking, and cheered when everyoneelse did. Despite questionable reffing and flag tying, overall I’d say it was very fun, very successful, and very painful- just as I think most football games should be. Or maybe they shouldn’t be. I’m not sure. I’m not the sportiest.

All I know is I’m covered in bruises and enjoyed watching my fellow classmates all root for the same thing- beating each other.

McKayla Hartl carries the ball for the Robbers. Photo by Jacob Feldman.
Sophomore Maggie Davis runs the ball for the Cops. Photo by Jacob Feldman.