Spotlight on Cody Burgin

By Kennith Hentges-

Cody Burgin
Senior Cody Burgin’s hobbies are skate boarding, jamming out, and writing music. Cody’s music expresses his feelings and helps to calm himself down. It’s like an uplifting spirit. He said his major role models as well as his favorite bands are Blood On The Dance Floor, Black Vale Brides and Him because they have very strong lyrics and strong messages to the fans within the music. Cody said he likes music because “you have the freedom to write and express your feelings.” He added that music is a big growing thing that everyone can relate to.

Ibanez guitar and the Bass Ibanez are Cody’s favorite guitars. His dream guitar is an Ibanez 7 string guitar or also a BC Rich Mockingbird guitar.
Cody’s major goal is to never give up. Another goal of his is to become famous and labeled as industrial rock or techno rock.

Cody started playing at age 13 and was given his first guitar for his birthday from his grandparents. He felt that getting the guitar changed his life for the better.

Bryce Janey is Cody’s guitar teacher. “Cody learned fairly quickly, is a bright kid and a lot of fun,” Bryce said. “He plays well for his age. Cody has many musical and artistic ideas.”

Cody stated, “Music has a direct portal into my thoughts and feelings. Everything also turns to music will help with negative and positive times. My family supports me.”

Cody’s solo at Mr. MVHS in Feb. 2012: