Jack Streicher Reaches 100 Career Wins

Story by Paige Zaruba

Last Saturday at the sectionals wrestling tournament in Solon, Jack Streicher accomplished a goal and reached his 100th win of his high school wrestling career. “It’s very satisfying and comforting knowing I finally reached 100 wins with only three years of varsity. It’s a big accomplishment for me and it’s something that will be with me forever,” said Streicher, a senior.

At sectionals, assistant coach Aaron Truitt told Streicher he was just two wins away, motivating Streicher to reach the benchmark. Streicher, who is currently 31-12 on the season, ended up placing second at sectionals, which qualifies him to wrestle at districts on Saturday, Feb. 10.

Streicher has been very dedicated to the Mount Vernon wrestling program in his past four years in high school. “It’s a lot of hours spent not only in the wrestling room, but at Elliott’s Fitness Center after practice to try to lose a few extra pounds and get into better shape,” said Streicher. He currently wrestles at 120 pounds.

Having a 34-9 record, Streicher was a 106-pound state qualifier last year. Streicher’s was ranked 10th going into the tournament. Streicher hopes to do well at districts this year with hopes of having a successful senior season.

The Mustangs wrestle this Tuesday in team duals at Davenport Assumption.

Jack Streicher prepares to pin his opponent at sectionals wresting in Solon. Streicher ended up placing second and will be moving on to districts. Photo by Paige Zaruba.