Air Force Band Performs Free Concert

Air Force Band Performs Free Concert

The U.S. Air Force Band will perform a free band concert at 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 9, in the District Auditorium. All are welcome to attend.

The United States Air Force Heartland of America Band is proud to present the WINDS OF FREEDOM. A woodwind ensemble composed of members of the band’s larger performing ensembles, the WINDS OF FREEDOM inspires the hearts and minds of military and civilian audiences to increased patriotism. They also share stirring accounts of the bravery and self-sacrifice of our expeditionary Airmen serving around the globe.

The group’s repertoire consists of classical, jazz and standard woodwind quintet music showcasing its musical diversity. At home in large auditoriums or in more intimate chamber concert settings, the WINDS OF FREEDOM takes audiences on a tour of some of the world’s most beautiful and exciting music. Each member of the group is a soloist in his or her own right and together they render the perfect blend of tone color and musicianship.

WINDS OF FREEDOM honorably represents more than 325,000 Air Force professionals around the world who diligently watch over the skies protecting and defending all those who cherish freedom. We hope you afford us the opportunity to share the messages of bravery, sacrifice, courage and commitment of our brave men and women…the deployed Airmen of the United States Air Force.