Mustangs Win Homecoming!

Coming from behind after an early field goal by Monticello, the Mustangs triumphed 10-3. Mickey Hines 75-yard punt return 4th quarter and the accompanying 2-point conversion turned the game around.

The players stormed the field in a mist of smoke after fire. Photo/ Nolan Teubel.
The players stormed the field in a mist of smoke. Photo/ Nolan Teubel.
Photo/ Nolan Teubel
It looked like a battlefield. Photo/ Nolan Teubel
Fans shake their shoes for the kickoff. Photo/Nolan Teubel.
Sophomore Jack Cochrane runs the ball second quarter. Photo/ Trevor Baty.
Second quarter, the Mustangs were down 3-0, but they fought hard. Here Ryan Muller gains some ground. Photo/ Trevor Baty.
The band performed music from Harry Potter. There were cloaks and some fancy footwork. Photo/ Claire Pettinger.
A safety gave the team momentum. Photo/ Maggie Rechkemmer.
A safety with 1:34 left in third quarter gives the team momentum. Photo/ Maggie Rechkemmer.
The Mustangs kept up their fight. Here's a tackle by Ryan Ackerman (39). Photo/ Claire Pettinger
The Mustangs kept up their fight. Here’s a tackle by Ryan Ackerman (39). Photo/ Maggie Rechkemmer
Mickey Hines ran 75-yards on a punt return for a touchdown. Photo/ Maggie Rechkemmer
Mickey Hines ran 75-yards for a touchdown. Photo/ Maggie Rechkemmer
Fourth quarter was successful for the 'Stangs with a two-point conversion and an interception in the final minutes by Ryan Muller. Photo/Maggie Rechkemmer.
Fourth quarter was successful for the ‘Stangs with this two-point conversion and later an interception in the final minutes by Ryan Muller. Photo/Maggie Rechkemmer.
The fans storm the field to support their winning team. Photo/ Maggie Rechkemmer.