Homecoming Parade 2023

The+MVHS+football+team+throw+candy+to+their+peers+in+the+homecoming+parade.+
Cassidy Olberding
The MVHS football team throw candy to their peers in the homecoming parade.

The marching band playing and the fire trucks bright lights and sirens lead the parade. Decorated floats filled with different sports teams cruise down the street celebrating homecoming. The homecoming parade last Thursday let the community join together with high school athletes throwing candy to kids, and the homecoming candidates riding in fancy convertibles getting cheered for by friends. 

This year the parade took a different route than normal starting at the First Street Building ending at the high school. They changed the route this year because of the opening of the new football field behind the high school.

“It’s probably the biggest time of year for the community and students,” said Andrew Dix, a football player who was in the parade. Students from the football team, cross country team, volleyball team and powder puff team all got to have fun decorating their floats before the parade. They also threw lots of candy to kids who were lining the streets waiting for the parade with their parents.

“Thank you for the fun homecoming week!” said Audrey Tucker who was a homecoming candidate this year.  Tucker’s been in the parade in the past 5 years for cross country and marching band. After the parade we found out she was homecoming queen and Luke Stephens was homecoming king.