Marching Mustangs for the win!

This weekend the Marching Mustangs won their ninth division one ranking in a row at state. The victories don’t end there; in Muscatine they finished with second place overall and had the best color guard out of 11 bands. This weekend was full of excitement for each band member, and especially director Scott Weber. Weber has made numerous posts to social media depicting his level of excitement and proud feelings towards the band. 

“I think that the most exciting thing was when we went to go cheer on the 1A and 2A bands,” said sophomore Claire Thuerauf.

The Marching Mustangs also participated in a band competition hosted by Prairie School District Sept. 30. There have been months and months of preparation for these events. The season began in late July and is said by Marching Mustang members to have taken a lot of blood sweat and tears. Their performance “Immortal”’ won first place in categories such as people’s choice, best percussion caption, as well as first place for the entirety of 3A schools who participated.

There were many struggles the Marching Mustangs faced during the Prairie competition. “The biggest struggle of the competition was how hot it was. It was 90 degrees when we performed,” said sophomore Malena Koehn, a color guard member.