Homecoming King and Queen Crowned

Royalty Heavily Involved in Fine Arts
Lily Rechkemmer
Your class of ’24 homecoming Queen and King is Audrey Tucker and Luke Stephens! Photos taken on Sept. 28 at the newly opened Martha and Parsons Family Activities Complex.

Thursday, Luke Stephens and Audrey Tucker were the first homecoming king and queen to be crowned in the MAC. The ceremony took place right after the ribbon cutting of the new facility. 

The crowd went wild after the announcement of the king and queen. The fine arts students and audience members were particularly excited with results, as both Tucker and Stephens are very active in a multitude of performing activities, along with sports.

“I think this was a great thing,” junior Penelope Vig said, “Audrey Tucker, we love her! She does lacrosse, that’s crazy, she does wrestling, that’s crazy, she does band, that’s crazy, she does theater, that’s crazy. Luke Stephens, we know him, we love him.”

Tucker was incredibly surprised and humbled by the results. She was happy to be on the court to avoid the heat of marching with the band in uniform, not at all anticipating being crowned queen. “I thought it should have been someone else,” Tucker said. “Anna Vavricek, it should have been Anna Vavricek.”

Tucker was particularly thankful for the band, knowing much of her support came from her many friends there.

Stephens was just as appreciative and humble, also thanking his friends in the arts for their support. “I’m really grateful and honored. I’m just really appreciative that the student body feels that way, and yeah, just special,” Stephens said.