Top 5 Music Artists at MVHS

Zatyk Holub

The favorite artists for teenagers are a matter of personal preference and can vary depending on individual tastes and interests. However, some artists stand out with universal appeal. The Mustang Moon created a survey in December that was given to the student body of Mount Vernon High School. Singers who are commonly cited as being popular among students at Mount Vernon High School include Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, and NBA Youngboy.

1.

Billie Eilish is a singer-songwriter who first gained popularity in the early 2010s with her unique blend of pop, alternative, and electronic music. Her debut album, “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?”, was released in 2019 and received widespread critical acclaim, earning her multiple Grammy Awards. “She has a unique singing style and a talent for creating emotive and atmospheric music,” senior Clayton Flack said. “My favorite song is Bad Guy,”. Eilish’s music is known for its emotional lyrics and unconventional production, and she has a dedicated fan base among teenagers at MVHS.

2.

Taylor Swift is a singer-songwriter who first rose to fame in the mid-2000s with her country-influenced pop music. Over the course of her career, she has released numerous successful albums and has won multiple Grammy Awards. “I’ve been a fan of Taylor Swift since her very first album,” senior Clark Younggreen said. “I’m still just as in love with her music as I was when I first heard it.”, “The new album she just released is not my favorite album she has ever made but it is still great,”. Swift is known for her confessional songwriting style and her ability to connect with her audience, and she has a large following among teenagers.

3.

Justin Bieber is a singer-songwriter and musician who first gained fame as a teenager in the late 2000s. Over the course of his career, he has released numerous successful albums and has won multiple Grammy Awards. “He has a unique singing voice and I hope to someday make it to one of his energetic live performances,” said Austin Deeb. Bieber’s music is known for its blend of pop, R&B, and electronic influences, and he has a dedicated fan base among teenagers.

4.

Ariana Grande is a singer and actress who first gained fame as a teenager in the mid-2000s. Over the course of her career, she has released numerous successful albums and has won multiple Grammy Awards. “Ariana Grande’s music always puts me in a good mood,” said senior Riley Mudd, “I love listening to Best Mistake,”. Grande’s music is known for its blend of pop, R&B, and dance influences; she has a dedicated fan base among MVHS students.

5.

NBA YoungBoy, whose real name is Kentrell DeSean Gaulden, is a popular rapper among teenagers for a few reasons. His music often addresses relatable topics for young people, such as relationships and struggling with adversity. “I’ve been a fan of NBA YoungBoy since his first mixtape, and I’m always impressed by how he continues to grow and evolve as an artist,” said Vargas Locke, “My favorite song would have to be Right Foot Creep,”. NBA Youngboy has also had a troubled personal life, which many teenagers can relate to. Additionally, his talent and skill as a rapper have earned him a dedicated fanbase at MVHS.

In conclusion, the top music artists for teenagers are a matter of personal preference and can vary depending on individual tastes and interests. However, some artists who are commonly cited as being popular among MVHS students include Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, and NBA Youngboy. These music artists have dedicated fan bases and have achieved significant success in the industry.