Mustangs Put Up a Fight Against Solon Rivals

Anna Moore

The Mustangs run out of the helmet towards their rivals the Solon Spartans. Solon wins 41-27. Sept. 3. Photos by Anna Moore (Anna Moore)
Senior Ben Gilbert-Binder and junior Ethan Stanerson celebrate their lead in the game against the Solon Spartans. Solon wins 41-27 Sept. 3.
Senior Trenton Pitlik catches a pass from Senior Owen Brase, scoring a touchdown in game against Solon Spartans. Solon pulls the win 41-27.
Mount Vernon football players gaze onto the field as they anticipate the next play.
Mount Vernon players hype each other up after an exciting play of the game.
Sophomore Jackson Hird pumps ups the crowd after an exciting play.
Senior Ben Gilbert-Binder puts a hand on junior Olive Gardener’s shoulder after a rough play.
Senior Trenton Pitlik snickers after interacting with the Mount Vernon student section.
A Mount Vernon football player’s helmet reflects the light shining through the mist.
The Mustangs and the Spartans face off at the edge of the field towards the end zone. Spartans win 41-27.
Mount Vernon walks off the field with one another feeling defeated after another loss against the Solon Spartans.
The Mount Vernon student section gets riled up for the game by making signs saying, “Go Stangs” and “Beat Solon!”
The Mount Vernon student section goes wild as the Mustangs score a touchdown, putting them in the lead against Solon rivals.
Celine Manternach throws up $1.00 bills as the student section begins their cheering.
The Mount Vernon student section throws up money signs in anticipation towards the next play.
The Mount Vernon cheer team poses in the rain during the first home game of the season.
Sophomore Brynn Lynner cheers in front of the student section as the Mount Vernon football team plays against the Solon Spartans.
Sophomore Emily Patten passionately chants the cheer breakdown after first home football game.