Top Places to Eat for Prom

By Lizzy Niehaus

Mount Vernon High School students will be taking on prom in just a few weeks. As students begin to plan their night, everyone is thinking about what they will do before the dance begins. Most people will ask, “Where am I supposed to make a dinner reservation?” Most people attending prom will go in a group, so making a dinner reservation can be difficult. If you are in a group, you have to find a place that everyone will enjoy.

#1 Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the largest chain of Italian themed restaurants. It is known for its unlimited supply of soup, salad, and breadsticks. It is full of many options for everyone to enjoy. There is one Olive Garden located in Cedar Rapids and in Iowa City. Reservations are possible to make. There is a pretty big price range, from $5 to $62.

“Pasta is one of my favorite foods and all the vegans in my group can eat there too!” said senior Madi Speed.

#2 Cheddar’s

Cheddar’s serves a variety of made-from-scratch dishes. Cheddar’s is full of many options for everybody to enjoy, burgers, ribs, pasta, and salads. There is one Cheddar’s located in Cedar Rapids and one in Iowa City. Unfortunately, they do not accept call-ahead reservations. The price range here is about $4 to $20.

#3 Red Lobster

Red Lobster is a casual dining restaurant. They are known for their Cheddar Bay Biscuits and Endless Shrimp. There are many more options besides seafood for example salads, tacos, and chicken.  There is one Red Lobster located in Cedar Rapids and one in Iowa City. Red Lobster does not accept call-ahead reservation. The prices range from $4 to $35. Sophomore Jorie Randall prefers Red Lobster because “They have very good food and it’s a little bit fancy.”

#4 Biaggi’s

Biaggi’s is a casual Italian restaurant offering a large selection of pastas, soups, salads, pizza, seafood, steak, and desserts. There are varieties of food for everybody to enjoy. There is one Biaggi’s located in Cedar Rapids. Reservations are accepted. Prices range from $5 to $20. Senior Kale Merrill prefers Biaggi’s because, “It’s for prom, you have to go a little more upscale.”

#5 Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings is a casual dining restaurant and sports bar. They are famous for their wings and sauces. Besides their wings, Buffalo Wild Wings has many more food options for example tacos, burgers, wraps, and salads. There are two Buffalo Wild Wings located in Cedar Rapids and two in Iowa City. Buffalo Wild Wings does accept reservations.    Prices are about $4 to $150.