The Test That Tells All

By Garret Akers

The Test That Tells All

If you are considering enlisting in the military or just want to know what your strengths are, you should take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, or ASVAB. This is a test of 10 sections where you need to answer a certain number of questions in a time limit. These tests include subjects such as math, science, mechanics, electronics knowledge.

If you’re sure you are joining the military, taking the ASVAB is a must. All of the military recruiters require you to take the ASVAB before you enlist so they know what your strengths are going into the branch you are enlisting in.

The ASVAB has 10 sections of material that you as a test taker need to finish before the time has expired. The sections don’t take very long by themselves but when they’re all put together the test could take around 2-3 hours.

Whatever section you do best in, the recruiters will try to turn you towards the path that involves that knowledge. But you don’t have to enlist in the military. A lot of the students who take the ASVAB don’t join the military. Many take it to find out what their strengths are and use that to figure out what their career will be focused around or if they go to college what to major in.

The other majority of the students that are taking the ASVAB are taking the test because they are planning on joining one of the U.S. many military branches.

Junior Jake Kamerling, who did very well on the ASVAB, said, “I plan on joining the Coast Guard and becoming a rescue swimmer. I also took the test because it shows me my strengths and what I know and it is required to join the Coast Guard,” he said. If you are thinking about joining the military or just want to know your strengths take the ASVAB.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Test That Tells All”

1. ASVAB Career Exploration Program on March 18th, 2019 5:35 pm

Great article, Garret! Thank you for helping spread awareness about the ASVAB CEP! Whether your dream job is attainable through college, a licensure program, apprenticeship, or the military, etc., it’s about having options! We would love to share this post to our national social media channels! Thanks again 🙂

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Test That Tells All

feature story

Mount Vernon’s Top 7 Social Media Apps

• The Test That Tells All

Academics

Things You Should Know Before You Go To College

• The Test That Tells All

Academics

How to Master Pre-Calculus

• The Test That Tells All

News

Mount Vernon named All-Iowa News Team Finalist, 40 Students Win Individual Honors

• The Test That Tells All

feature story

Dedicated to the Race

• The Test That Tells All

News

Journalism Students Win National Awards

• The Test That Tells All

News

New Courts and Team Vibe Drive Participation for 2019 Season

• The Test That Tells All

feature story

A Gentleman’s Guide to Prepare for Prom

• The Test That Tells All

feature story

A New Normal

• The Test That Tells All

feature story

Top Places to Eat for Prom

The Test That Tells All