Guys and Prom

Ben McGuire from last year’s prom wearing his black suit.

By Reese Panos
Prom season is an exciting time. You not only have prom and post prom to look forward to but the school year is almost over and the weather has gotten nice again. Once your date says, “yes” to your promposal it is time for you to decide what you are wearing to prom.  “The promposal was way scarier than going to buy a suit!” junior Jake Panos said.

When most people think of prom, it often revolves around the girl and the dress she will wear. But what about the guys? The prom is also a chance for guys to look and feel their best. So, how do you do it right? Do you buy a suit or rent a tux? Do you wear black or add some color? Senior Ben McGuire rented a black tux last year and this year he says, “I am wearing a black tux again.” He chose this because “it’s classic. It always looks good.”

There are so many things to consider that it can be overwhelming to some. Bauman’s in downtown Mount Vernon is a great place to start. They have both tuxedos to rent and suits to buy. They will measure you and make sure the suit or tux you buy or rent is the best fit for you. They also have a lot of the accessories a guy might want to add like suspenders, crazy socks, and bow ties/ties. You can take your prom date with you to pick out what matches her dress or go yourself or with some friends and pick out what you like. They have better prices and deals than a lot of stores in Cedar Rapids and they are located just minutes away. The good thing is there are a lot of places that have tuxedoes so if you don’t find what you want at Bauman’s there are many other places to look in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City.

Sophomore Ty Fall is going to his first prom this year and says, “I am looking forward to it and I am sure it will be a lot of fun!”