Mustangs Advance to 3A Volleyball State Semifinals

Photo story by Maddie Shultz

The volleyball team won their quarter-final match today in four sets.  Their next match will be tomorrow at 2 p.m. against Tipton.  Tickets to the tournament are $10 and are available at the door of the U.S. Cellular Center. MVHS will run a 1 p.m. dismissal schedule on Thursday to accommodate students attending the state volleyball match, while allowing all of our courses to still meet. Students staying in school for the remainder of the day will report to a classroom and be supervised from 1:05-3:15 p.m. 

The Activities Department is making a free pep bus available to high school students to the volleyball match on Thursday with the purchase of a ticket to the game. Students must sign-up for the bus by 10 a.m. on Thursday and have a parent contact the office with permission to attend. The bus will depart at 1 p.m.

CELEBRATION – The Mustangs beat MOC Floyd 3-1 in the quarter finals Nov. 7. Photo by Maddie Shultz. 
FAN APPRECIATION – The Mustangs send back the love to the fan section. Photo by Maddie Shultz.
LAST POINT – Coaches and fans cheer after the Mustangs earn their last point in the fourth set. Photo by Maddie Shultz.
KILLIN’ IT – Junior Annie Rhomberg (11) receives a set, approaches the ball, and kills it! Photo by Maddie Shultz.